Black Bean Soup
This is a super easy recipe I adapted from an even simpler one that I found online. It was so simple in fact, I doubted it, but with a few minor adjustments it’s still easy, delicious and fast.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup spring water
- 2 cans black beans
- 2 strips bacon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Use a Dutch oven to cook bacon, celery and onion.
- Drain and rinse the black beans. blenderize 1.5 cans of the beans in a food processor, save the last half for the soup
- Add the stock and water, bring to a boil, reduce to simmer.
- Add in all the beans, heat thoroughly, about 20-30 minutes